Inspired by Pinterest and motivated by boredom, I tackled another wedding project on the To Do list today: Memorial Candles.
My inspiration.
I'm thinking that these will be lit prior to the ceremony in memory of Lenny's father (& other family members) as well as for some in my extended family (grandfather, uncles).
I started out with two large pillar candles from the Dollar Tree. They needed to be encased in glass (unlike the one pictured above) for fire code reasons.
$2.13 worth of candles.
Then, this afternoon while out at Michael's with my friend Kristina, I found the perfect vellum paper to jazz these candles up.
Some of my $3.82 worth of vellum paper.
I then spent a while trying to determine which font to use and what text to print this afternoon. I settled on "In Loving Memory Of Those Who Are Forever In Our Hearts" in both English and Italian. The font that won out was Bickham Script. The monogram was taken from our invitations that I drafted a few months ago.
The Italian version printed out onto normal white computer paper
Next came measuring, cutting, and taping the signs around the candles. This proved to not be as tedious as I was anticipating.
Looking good!
The next step was wrapping the now paper-wrapped candles with the vellum paper. This also wasn't as tricky as anticipated.
Looking nice!
Then came the hardest part: deciding how to incorporate our wedding colours of Tiffany blue and chocolate brown. I remembered that I had some donated ribbon from Kristina's craft purging days that would do the trick! And so we have...
The final product! Well, final at least for now. I may add some rhinestones later, but am going to hold off until I've looked at them for a little bit longer.
So there you go! Pretty memorial candles for $5.95 including taxes. Waaaaaaay better than the $40-$50 ones I could have bought from my favourite wedding supplies website too.
I've got a few (ha! OK a lot) other projects on my To Do list, but this was an important one that I'm really happy to have completed and quite under my $10 budget.

No comments:
Post a Comment