Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cake Decorating!

Since things are winding down at work and orchestra concerts & rehearsals done for the year, it seemed like a good time to try another activity. I've been wanting to take a cake decorating class for a while and not too long ago Michael's was advertising a $10 sale. I started last week and it has been a Lot of fun! Here are a few of my creations: 

A "Happy Holidays" cake featuring peppermint icing, a strawberry jam filling, a zigzag border, and a star border. We hadn't had any lessons on the lettering yet, but I wanted to add something to it.

Tonight we learned how to make a few different flowers: rosettes (not shown), shaggy mums (top right), and the pom pom flower (lower and middle right). We also learned how to do the $4 swirl that all the expensive cupcakes have  on them lol. I had one when I got home and was very happy with the lemon filling of this french vanilla recipe. Nom nom nom :)

I've got one more class next Tuesday and will be sure to post another picture after that one is done :)

No comments: