October has been a beautiful month here. I`ve done a bit of Christmas knitting... Sally is an excellent model:
Isn't she just the cutest thing?!
October marks one year that we've had Sally. We celebrated her birthday with a squirrel cookie, a new squeakie toy (which miraculously still has 1 of the 2 squeakers a week later!), and a new bed. I think you can tell from the picture below what her most favourite part of these gifts was :)
I've been really inspired by Pinterest to try my hand at wedding crafts. I've got a lot of time on my hands to try things so I'm being a touch more adventurous than I might normally be.
The first project to debut on the blog is a gift card box. Here's how it started out:
Boxes from Dollarama. Total cost: $5.00.
2 cans of spray paint later ($10), this is what the boxes looked like. Unfortunately for me though, it got cooler a lot faster than expected so the third and final layer of spray paint kept bubbling no matter how many times I sanded it down and tried again. After a few days (ok weeks) of pouting about this, I came up with the idea of using some remnant lace from Fabricland ($10). I added some pearls from Michael's ($6) and glittery letters from Wal-Mart that I'll also be able to use for other grafts ($7) and voila:
A card box is born :). I still need to put some sort of topper on it. I'm thinking maybe a Christmas bow or something? What do you guys think?
The second craft that is near finishing is a set of personalized hangers. I used some reed wire and a pack of 5 wood hangers for $5 at HomeSense. I drilled holes in the hangers and then bent the wire and glued it in. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them like this because the wire is really flimsy. I should have used a thicker gauge of wire. I'm going to try adding some "supports" like the wire coming off of the P in Paula to see if the wire will stay where I want it to stay if it's forced to stay in place for a bit.
Well that's pretty much it for excitement for now. Lenny made meatballs for dinner and they smell a-amazing! Can't wait for supper!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment