This past weekend was the BEST WEEKEND EVA!!!!!!!!!! Allow me to enlighten you with the details of our exciting weekend.
We dropped Sally off at our neighbour's and drove to Niagara-on-the-Lake to enjoy a nice romantic weekend for two! I have always loved this town. It is just so beautiful and picturesque.
The B&B Lenny found us to stay at was way nicer than either of us were expecting. There were even Ferrero Rocher chocolates on the bed! Nom nom nom!
We had this beautiful walk out balcony that overlooked the Niagara River. Beautiful.
Looking down the way from our semi-private balcony.
For our afternoon, we went to the Hillebrand Winery Jazz Festival. We enjoyed some excellent music, the MOST delicious food, and a few glasses of wine. If you ever have a chance to eat at this winery, I highly recommend it. We have never been not blown-away by the deliciousness.
We had two red lawn chairs to enjoy the view of the stage from. They were quite comfortable and helped with the aurora of relaxation.
I took this shot right in one of the boutiques nearby. Wine & Music?! What a wonderful combination.
After the winery, we headed back to the B&B to freshen up before heading out for the night. While I was taking a shower, Lenny set something rather pretty up on the balcony.
Me coming out trying to figure out what was going on.
Duh duh duh! There was a ring in that box! I was SO surprised. Shocked. Poor Lenny though; I said "Of course" instead of "yes" when he asked if I would marry him and he was so nervous and confused because it didn't equate to "yes." Lol. I am still elated just thinking about that moment.
Here we are downtown with me inwardly squealing with excitement. :)
We stopped for ice cream near the Ferris wheel, and I had to take this shot. It looks so funny. We spent the evening calling family (long distance and roaming fees oh my!) and sharing the news. Props go to Lenny's sister Alannah for being the absolute most excited and squealing into the phone. :D
The next morning, we had a breakfast of champions: fruit, yogurt with granola, brioches, banana bread, waffles, breakfast pitas, orange juice, and coffee. Let the sugar high begin!
A picture of the outside of our B&B. It was so humid that day (45 with humidity!) that a lot of our pictures have this beautiful haze about them.
We went geocaching down near the falls and coincidentally enough, one of them required us taking a picture of us kissing near the Falls. Turned out to be one of our best pictures showcasing the ring, scenery, and all!
Because of the humidity, steam, and mist in the area, the engagement ring was soooooo sparkly. I was waving it all around and decided a few pictures would be a good idea ;)
After Niagara Falls, we drove to Toronto to visit Lenny's family and return some camping gear we had borrowed for last weekend. We all decided to go out for dinner but lo-and-behold, it was a surprise engagement party! There were about 20 people there from Lenny's extended family and friends. We were very surprised and excited once again. Here we are toasting champagne to our engagement.
The MOST AMAZING engagement cake that Lenny's mom ordered from St. Phillip's Bakery. Not only was I shocked to see gum paste flowers of such intricacy, the cake tasted like lemony heaven!
A picture of us cutting the cake. Man I wish I had packed nicer clothes!!
My piece of the cake. Lol! So tall!
As if the company and cake weren't enough, there were gifts! Here we are with a "We're Engaged" photo album from Meghan, Jon, Alannah, and Nico.
A bottle of champagne to toast with from Lenny's godparents Joe and Marie, and their children Antoinette and Dominic. We'll have to save this for a momentous wedding planning disaster or something. Hehehe.
Nico showcasing our new Maxwell and Williams dishes.
New Jamie Oliver pots and pans from Lenny's mom Silvana and husband Mark. I'm very excited to test these out. This is my goal for this coming weekend.
A second "We're Engaged" frame from cousin Steph and boyfriend John. Everybody thought it was pretty funny that we got two of the same frames.
I think I've reached my maximum number of photos allowed for a post, so I'll put up a picture of the ring soon!
This week has been exhausting. Most nights we've independently been too excited to sleep at times. Combine that with no clean clothes, dishes, or groceries, and it's been a taxing week. Thankfully we're still both ecstatic about things and in extremely good spirits. Thank you to everyone for sharing your love with us. It has been very touching to hear words of congratulations and encouragement from so many people.
No comments:
Post a Comment